On Tuesday 17 July 2018, the government released their Surface Water Management Action Plan which sets out the steps the government is taking to strengthen surface water management by improving understanding of the risks and making sure those responsible can manage them effectively.
The key themes of the plan are:
- improving risk assessment and communication;
- making sure infrastructure is resilient;
- clarifying responsibilities for surface water management;
- joining up planning for surface water management; and
- building local authority capacity.
View the full report here.